Those green and long beans are nutritious for health. But the question is how to cook them to get a better taste. Boiling the green beans with the right method maintains their nutrients and essential vitamins. Apart from that, you can also enjoy the delicious taste of boiled green beans with the right method.
Do you want crispy green beans to serve with herb rice or sizzlers? You must follow some best tips to get those crispy green beans. In this blog, we will discuss the ways by which you can enjoy crispy green beans for your lunch or dinner. We will also discuss the perfect boiling time and the ways to blanch green beans to make them crispy.
Recipe for boiled green beans
Many women cannot calculate the time of boiling green beans to get a crispy taste. However, it is not a very tough task to boil green beans at the right temperature. Let us have a look at the recipe for boiled green beans in detail with the ingredients.
Ingredients to boil green beans
You will only need a handful of ingredients to getting boiled green beans. Here is the list of ingredients to boil green beans:
✅Fresh beans – You can take any type of green beans for this recipe such as string beans, wax beans, Chinese long beans, and romano beans. Normally, I take standard green beans for this recipe. You can take any type as per your taste.
✅Kosher salt – Take kosher salt for this recipe. However, you can also take normal salt to add to green beans.
✅Water and Butter
Recipe to get boiled green beans
It is very easy to get crispy green beans within a few minutes. Read on to get the full recipe for boiled green beans:
- First of all, you have to cut the ends and chop them into three pieces. You can also keep the whole green beans for this recipe.
- Then add the green beans into salted water. You have to cook these beans for about 5 minutes to get a crispy taste. Do not exceed the boiling time by more than 5 minutes to get a perfect taste.
- The next step is to drain green beans and marinate them with kosher salt or normal salt.
- Finally, serve the hot green beans with butter.
Tips for preparation of cooking green beans
If you want a perfect crisp in boiled green beans, it is necessary to follow some preparation tips. Many beginners will get finely cooked green beans by following the below tips:
- While purchasing green beans, look at the color and texture of the beans. You must choose bright green beans with a firm texture.
- Do not choose very large beans with bulging seeds as they might taste bitter.
- Choose green beans that break and do not bend.
- Wash green beans properly under cold water to remove dust and debris.
- You must trim the ends of the beans and remove their tails. You can also chop green beans on the chopping board by removing the stem end.
- You can take the whole beans or cut them into three pieces while boiling them on the stove.
How to blanch green beans?
Blanching any vegetable will make it taste better. It is very simple to blanch green beans within a few minutes. Read on to get the perfect tips for blanching green beans:
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add ice water to it. Boil green beans in another utensil on the stove for 5 to 6 minutes. Let the green beans cool at room temperature.
- The next step is to add boiled green beans to the bowl of ice water using a spatula.
- Allow the beans to cool for 6 minutes.
- Finally, drain the cold water and serve green beans.
You can apply the same process to blanch any other vegetable.
How to eat boiled green beans?
Boiled green beans are loaded with a lot of nutrients. They supply energy and make you feel fresh for the full day. You can eat boiled green beans with many dishes such as:
You can add freshly boiled green beans to any salad to get a better taste. Adding green beans to any salad will make your dinner perfect and healthy.
Add beans to soups
The list of soups to which you can add green beans is endless. You can add green beans to manchow soup, veg clear soup, or even chicken soup. Beans will enhance the taste of any soup and make it healthy as well.
You can add green beans to any type of rice such as herb rice or fried rice. Apart from that, you can also serve boiled green beans in sizzlers and other dishes.
Green beans FAQs
You can serve many dishes with boiled green beans such as shrimp scampi, Turkey meatloaf, and chicken breast. You can also eat green beans with fish or chicken dishes.
Yes, you can take any kind of green beans for boiling. But French beans are the best choice when it comes to boiled green beans. French beans take only 2 to 3 minutes to boil. They are also packed with endless nutrients and vitamins.
You must boil green beans only for 6 minutes and not more than that. Boiling for a long time will make them soggy and decrease the number of nutrients as well.
Blanching is one of the best methods to add crispness to green beans. It also helps to maintain the green color of the beans for preparing any dish.
There are some of the best tips and tricks to boil green beans. These tips will help beginners to get the perfectly boiled green beans to add to any salad or soup. You can try these tips and see how they work to make your dinner more delicious.
You may also like: