Anyone will go on their knees for muffins. You can prepare it in various fruity flavors with different ingredients. Muffin is a perfect item for an evening snack or breakfast. Apart from that, you can also serve muffins during Christmas parties or family functions. This sweet dish can be eaten anytime during the year.
One of the most delicious muffins that you must try is Blueberry muffins. Infused with blueberry flavor, these muffins are the perfect sweet dish for any house party or kitty party. This blog lists the recipe for blueberry muffins strawberry shortcake and how many calories it contains with some other facts and information.
Blueberry muffin with strawberry recipe
Now, we will discuss the recipe for making delicious Blueberry flavored muffins with strawberries. It is easy to make these muffins within a few minutes with the following steps.
Let us discuss the recipe to make Blueberry muffins with the right amount of ingredients.
What you will need?
While preparing Blueberry muffins, you must take care of the measurement of ingredients. If any ingredient is added in excess or less quantity, you might not get the crunchy taste of muffins. The list of ingredients with measurements is as under:
- 6 tablespoons of Unsalted butter. You must melt the butter to add to the batter.
- 75 grams of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 egg kept at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 150 grams of all-purpose flour. If you want a healthy version of muffins, add the plain flour.
- 1.5 tablespoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup of fresh and frozen strawberries. You must cut strawberries into small pieces for better taste.
- 1 teaspoon of all-purpose flour or plain flour
The full recipe of blueberry flavored muffins with strawberries
- The first step you need to do is to preheat your oven to the temperature of 425F/218C.
- Then take a muffin tin of 12 cups and grease it with butter or oil.
- Now, take a large bowl and add unsalted melted butter, granulated sugar, and vegetable oil. Then add egg and vanilla extract and whisk this mixture well. Mix everything properly.
- Then take another bowl and add all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Now, you have to add half of the all-purpose flour to the wet mixture. Then add the remaining half of the all-purpose flour and buttermilk and whisk all the ingredients properly. You have to further take a small bowl and mix strawberries, blueberries, and 1 teaspoon of all-purpose flour. Mix berries in the batter properly.
- The next step is to take a large scoop and add the batter in 12 cups. You have to bake these muffins for 5 minutes. Then decrease the oven’s temperature to 350F/180C and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, you can insert a toothpick into the muffins to check whether they are baked or not. If you get a clean toothpick, the muffins are baked. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Finally, transfer the muffins to the wire rack.
This is a perfect recipe to get tasty and crunchy muffins. It is an easy and quick recipe when you have to prepare a dessert for a house party or function.
When is blueberry season?
Blueberries are grown under clear skies in the hot season. They are grown on cool nights. The harvesting season of blueberries starts in April and ends in late September.
How many calories in a blueberry muffin?
1 large Blueberry Muffin includes 385 calories. % of daily values
- Total fat 9.04g- 12%
- Saturated fat 1.942g-10%
- Trans Fat
- Polyunsaturated fat 3.468g
- Monounsaturated fat 2.741g
- Cholesterol 42mg- 14%
- Sodium 621mg- 27%
- Total carbohydrate 66.72g- 24%
- Dietary fiber 3.6g- 13%
- Sugars 27.38g
- Protein 7.64g
- Vitamin D
- Calcium 79mg- 6%
- Iron 2.24mg- 12%
- Potassium 171mg- 4%
- Vitamin A 32mcg- 4%
- Vitamin C 1.5mg- 2%
Amazing ways to eat blueberry muffins
Blueberry muffins make your breakfast time better. Your normal breakfast will taste more delicious by adding blueberry muffins in the morning. But you can enjoy muffins in some amazing ways such as:
Take butter to grease a muffin tin
Although we have mentioned oil to grease the muffin tin in the recipe, you must take butter to grease the tin. Butter transforms the normal muffins into crispy and crunchy muffins. You can add fruit jam on top of the muffins to add taste and fun.
Serve any ice cream with muffins
You can add a rich touch to your Blueberry muffins by serving chocolate ice cream or any fruit ice cream. A layer of caramel will make your muffins taste more delicious.
Homemade whipped cream
Homemade whipped cream enhances the taste of Blueberry muffins. You can even take the market’s whipped cream to add on top of the muffins. Then sprinkle icing sugar and a layer of maple syrup for an amazing snack time.
Serve with cream cheese
One of the easiest ways to eat your muffins is with cream cheese or warm peanut butter. You can also use hazelnut spread or yogurt for a better taste.
Blueberry Muffin FAQs
Apart from strawberries, you can also take some fruits in Blueberry muffins like blackberry, banana, pumpkin, mango, kiwi, raspberries, and lychees.
Instead of using buttermilk, you can use yogurt in making muffins.
Of course, you can add lemon zest to the making of Blueberry muffins. The Lemon flavor goes well with Blueberry muffins. You can even add orange flavor to these muffins.
Yes, you can add gluten-free flour to prepare Blueberry muffins. Gluten-free flour makes muffins healthy for kids and adults as well.
If you do not have a muffin pan, use mini copper molds. You can also take ceramic ramekins to cook muffins. However, the cooking time will change according to the type of container that you take.
Blueberry-flavored muffins with strawberries can be eaten anytime you like. These muffins will make your birthday party or family parties more interesting and memorable. You can modify the recipe for these muffins by adding some other ingredients and items. Try this recipe at home and make your weekend party more exciting with friends and families!
You might also like: