Chicken nugget is one of the best items you can include in evening snacks. Nuggets are enriched with fats and calories and keep your tummy full for a long time. This light snack can be consumed with a variety of sauces to get a better taste. You can also eat chicken nuggets alone in during snack time.
Well, there are different methods to prepare frozen chicken nuggets. You can prepare nuggets in the microwave, oven, and air fryer. Every method adds a different taste to this snack. In this blog, we will discuss the method to cook frozen chicken nuggets in the oven. We will also discuss the other methods to cook frozen chicken nuggets.
The process to cook frozen chicken nuggets in the oven
If you want crispy and tasty nuggets, follow the steps properly. Following every step carefully will make your chicken nuggets golden and crispy. Let us have a look at the steps of cooking frozen nuggets in an oven:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees to get tasty and crispy nuggets.
- The next step is to put frozen chicken nuggets on a baking sheet. Keep a gap between each nugget to cook them well.
- Now, bake the nuggets for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees temperature in preheated oven. You can apply a layer of oil on nuggets to get a better taste. Turn off the oven when you see the golden and crispy nuggets.
- Finally, serve hot and delicious chicken nuggets with ketchup or hot sauce. You can also eat nuggets with sweet sauce and BBQ sauce.
How to cook frozen chicken nuggets in a microwave?
The process of cooking chicken nuggets in a microwave is somewhat similar to an oven recipe. Here are the steps to cook frozen chicken nuggets in the microwave:
- Preheat the microwave to 400 degrees temperature.
- Now, put the frozen chicken nuggets on a baking sheet keeping a gap between them. Apply little oil to the nuggets and cook them for 10 minutes in a preheated microwave at a temperature of 400 degrees.
- You can check in between the process to see whether the nuggets are cooked properly.
- Serve hot chicken nuggets with ketchup or any other kind of sauce.
The process to cook frozen chicken nuggets in a pan
You can cook chicken nuggets in a pan using the deep frying method. This method is as easy as others but involves more amount of oil than other methods. The steps to cook frozen chicken nuggets in a pan are:
- Take an iron pan with a heavy bottom.
- Pour vegetable oil or sunflower oil into the pan. You can also choose any other cooking oil as per your preference.
- Place the chicken nuggets in the pan by keeping enough space to fry them properly. Place only 7 to 8 nuggets at a time to get proper cooking of nuggets in a pan.
- Fry nuggets for about 2 to 3 minutes on one side at a medium flame. Frying nuggets for 2 minutes makes them golden brown from one side. Repeat the same step for another side of the nuggets to make them golden brown.
- Finally, remove the nuggets and place them on a paper towel to remove the oil.
How to cook frozen chicken nuggets in an air fryer?
If you are a health-conscious person, pick the method of cooking chicken nuggets in an air fryer. It is simple to cook frozen nuggets in an air fryer. Place the chicken nuggets in a basket and cook them for about 12 to 13 minutes at a temperature of 400 degrees.
Tips to make crispy frozen chicken nuggets
If you want to make crispy and tasty frozen chicken nuggets, try some of the most important tips mentioned below:
- Apply a thin layer of oil on every chicken nugget with some spices, pepper, and salt. Spices and pepper make nuggets tastier and healthier to consume.
- Keep enough space between each chicken nugget to cook them well. Keeping space will let heat circulate perfectly around nuggets. You will not get crispy nuggets by placing them together.
- Always use vegetable oil to add taste to your chicken nuggets.
- You must choose the best quality nuggets to consume as they are tasty as well as safe to eat.
- Always choose a pan with a heavy bottom and shiny surface to make tasty chicken nuggets.
- Serve hot nuggets with a variety of sauces to get a better taste.
Nutrition facts about Chicken nuggets
1 piece of chicken nugget includes:
- Calories: 42
- Sodium: 75mg
- Total fat: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Total carbs: 3g
- Dietary fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
Chicken nuggets FAQs
Some chicken nuggets are cooked while some are not cooked. You must assume that chicken nuggets are uncooked so that you can cook them well in the oven or frying pan and get tasty snacks.
Enhance the taste of frozen chicken nuggets by using spices, seasonings, oil, and salt. You must apply a thin coating of vegetable oil on the nuggets before cooking them in the oven or microwave. You can also coat these nuggets with salt, pepper, and seasonings to get a better taste.
Yes, you must check the nuggets after a few seconds in an oven to ensure that they are not overcooked or burned. Do not check too many times as it also affects the cooking process of chicken nuggets.
Generally, many people believe that chicken nuggets are not healthy as they contain a lot of fats and calories. But you can make them healthy by cooking frozen nuggets in the oven, microwave, or air fryer with a very little amount of oil and spices.
You might also like: