Bay Leaf is known for its rich properties and health benefits. Apart from using it as a spice, you can also use Bay leaf in making tea. The scientific name of Bay Leaf is Laurus Nobilis. This spice is used in daily cooking in several Indian homes. It is also used for making medicines for different health problems.
Have you tried making bay leaf at home? Bay leaf tea is a very effective beverage for people who suffer from health issues such as kidney stones, digestive problems, and sleep disorders.
Everyone follows a different procedure while making Bay leaf tea. You can prepare this rich aromatic tea in various ways. This guide describes the different ways of preparing Bay leaf tea. We will also discuss some very useful tricks to make this tea more delicious along with the health benefits of drinking this rich tea.
What you will need to prepare Bay leaf Tea?
What you will need to prepare Bay leaf Tea?
- Small pot
Steps to prepare Bay Leaf Tea
Bay Leaf tea can be prepared using varied ingredients, spices, and herbs. This is my simple recipe to prepare a delicious Bay leaf tea for a kickass morning. Read on to get a detailed recipe of Bay leaf tea with ingredients:
- 2 fresh Bay leaves
- 25 oz water
- Mint leaves
- Cinnamon powder
Instructions to follow
- First of all, take a small pot and add water. Boil the water.
- Then add bay leaves and boil them for 4 minutes. Now you must add other ingredients at this stage to prepare delicious tea.
- After adding all the ingredients, you must boil the tea for around 2 to 3 minutes allowing everything to mix properly.
- Now, remove the small pot from the gas stone and cover it with a lid.
- Then allow the tea to cool for around 5 minutes so that it will become more delicious with the soaking of the ingredients.
- The next step is to remove the ingredients with the help of a spoon. You can also heat the tea again if it is necessary.
- Serve delicious tea in a teacup with the help of a strainer.
- Finally, add a layer of sugar or honey as per your requirements to the tea.
How to prepare Bay Leaf Tea with Milk?
Milk can be used to prepare this tea along with some other essential ingredients. Here is the detailed recipe for Bay leaf tea with Milk:
- 4 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves
- 2 Bay leaves, dry or fresh
- 1 slice of ginger
- 2 cups of milk
- Take a container or a small pot and add water. Boil water for around 2 minutes.
- Now, add black tea leaves and boil them for around 5 minutes.
- The next thing you need to add is ginger and bay leaves.
- Now, add milk and boil the mixture for around 4 minutes. Keep stirring tea in between to get a blend of delicious tea.
- Then turn off the gas stove and strain the tea in the cup with a strainer.
- The last thing to do is to add sugar to sweet Bay leaf tea.
How to make Bay leaf tea with other Indian spices?
If you want to enjoy a perfect Indian Masala Chai version, try this Bay leaf tea. You can use different spices to make delicious Indian tea. Here is the full recipe to prepare Bay Leaf tea with different spices:
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fine cinnamon powder
- 2 ginger slices or ginger powder
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 black pepper balls
- Honey or sugar
- Take a small pot or any other container and add water. Bring water to a boil.
- Now, add all the spices one by one starting with cinnamon powder, bay leaves, ginger powder, pepper, and turmeric.
- Mix everything properly with a spoon and allow the mixture to boil for 15 minutes.
- Now, take a strainer and strain the mixture into the teacup.
- Finally, you can add sugar or honey to the tea to make it sweet.
Best tips to follow while preparing Bay Leaf tea
Bay Leaf tea is a healthy tea that you can drink daily to cure different health problems. To make a perfect Bay Leaf tea, you must follow some tips such as:
- Always use fresh Bay leaves in making tea and not dried ones. Fresh bay leaves enhance the flavor and aroma of tea and make it more delicious. On the other hand, the dried bay leaves do not enhance the flavor like fresh ones.
- To make your tea more flavorful, add more Bay leaves and less water.
- If you want a deep flavor of tea, boil the ingredients for around 7 minutes.
- Use a strainer ball while using dried leaves. The ball will make it simple to find small pieces that float in the tea.
- Boil bay leaves alone for around 3 minutes and then add other ingredients in making tea.
Health Benefits of Bay Leaf Tea
Enriched with ample nutrients, Bay Leaf tea has endless benefits for the body such as:
- Drinking Bay leaf tea will give relief from fever, cough, and flu.
- It is packed with inflammatory agents. You will get relief from the pain in joints, muscles, and legs.
- People with Arthritis get instant relief by drinking this tea.
- Diabetic patients must drink this tea every day.
- This tea helps to reduce digestive problems such as gas, acidity, and constipation.
- You will get relief from obesity by drinking this delicious tea daily. It helps to start metabolism in the body and leads to weight loss.
- Bay Leaf tea maintains the correct levels of blood pressure and boosts the blood supply in the body.
- This tea reduces bad cholesterol and makes your joints flexible.
Bay leaf tea can be prepared in many ways and with different ingredients. You can also add Bay Leaves while preparing other types of teas at home. These are some of the best methods of preparing Bay leaf tea. You can also prepare this tea with green tea or cardamom Tea for a beautiful morning.
Pure Bay leaf tea can be prepared by soaking the leaves in water. Try these methods of preparing the best Bay Leaf Tea and enjoy every sip in the morning.