Fried rice is a classic Asian dish that is loved by many all over the world. It’s a simple dish that can be easily made using a few basic ingredients and it’s an incredibly versatile meal. From adding different vegetables to using different types of rice, there are countless ways to enjoy fried rice. But what do you eat with fried rice to really make the meal complete?
In this article, we’ll explore some of the best sides to pair with fried rice to round out your meal. From protein-rich dishes to light and healthy snacks, there’s something for everyone. So let’s get started and discover what to eat with fried rice!
5 Creative Toppings to Make Your Fried Rice Even More Delicious
Fried rice is a tasty and versatile dish, but sometimes it can feel a bit mundane. If you’re looking to shake things up and add some excitement to your fried rice, then you need to try these 5 creative toppings! From crunchy nuts to vegetables, these toppings will take your fried rice to the next level and keep your taste buds guessing. So, let’s get started and discover some new and delicious ways to top off your fried rice!
1. Eggs: Adding cooked eggs to your fried rice will add a wonderful protein boost and a delicious flavor. Scramble the eggs separately and then add them to the rice, stirring them in.
2. Nuts: You can make your fried rice even more delicious by adding crunchy nuts such as peanuts, cashews or almonds. Simply add them to the dish at the end of cooking and stir them in.
3. Vegetables: Fried rice is a great way to use up vegetables that you have on hand. Try adding carrots, peas, mushrooms, bell peppers or any other vegetables that you like.
4. Sauteed Garlic and Ginger: A classic combination of garlic and ginger will add a wonderful flavor to your fried rice. Simply sauté some finely minced garlic and ginger in a little oil and then add it to the rice.
5. Spices: If you want to add some extra flavor to your fried rice, try adding some spices. A little bit of cumin, turmeric, coriander or chili powder can really add some depth and complexity.
6 Simple Side Dishes to Complete Your Fried Rice Meal
Fried rice is a delicious and satisfying main dish, but sometimes it can feel a bit incomplete without the right side dish. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of 6 simple side dishes that are sure to complement and complete your fried rice meal. From spicy spring rolls to glazed tofu, these sides are easy to prepare and will add some balance and variety to your meal. So, let’s get cooking and round out your fried rice feast with these tasty side dishes!
1. Stir-Fried Vegetables: A vibrant mix of stir-fried vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and mushrooms, adds a delicious crunch to fried rice.
2. Glazed Tofu: Add an extra punch of protein and flavor to your meal with some glazed tofu. Simply marinate cubes of tofu in soy sauce and sesame oil, then fry until golden and crispy.
3. Spring Rolls: Crispy spring rolls provide a delicious contrast to the soft texture of fried rice. Fill them with a mixture of shredded veggies or cooked meat for added flavor.
4. Egg Drop Soup: A bowl of hot and savory egg drop soup is the perfect accompaniment to fried rice. This simple soup can be made with just a few ingredients and is ready in minutes.
5. Baked Salmon: Baked salmon is a delicious and healthy addition to your fried rice meal. Bake the salmon in a simple seasoning of olive oil, lime juice, and garlic for an extra flavor boost.
6. Garlic Green Beans: Garlic green beans are a simple side dish that goes well with fried rice. Simply sauté green beans in garlic and olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
4 Fun Recipes to Transform Leftover Fried Rice
Are you tired of eating the same old leftover fried rice? If so, then you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll be sharing 4 fun recipes that will help you transform your leftover fried rice into something new and exciting.
From fried rice fritters to fried rice cakes, these recipes are sure to inspire your creativity and breathe new life into those leftover grains. So, let’s get cooking!
Fried Rice Fritters:
Transform leftover fried rice into tasty fritters! Start by mixing together cold, cooked rice with two eggs, a handful of diced vegetables, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and form the mixture into patties. Fry until golden brown and serve with a dipping sauce of your choice.
Fried Rice Pizza
Spice up your leftover fried rice with a creative twist—pizza! Spread the cooked rice onto a pre-made pizza crust and top with your favorite pizza toppings. Bake at 375°F for 18–20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with a side of warm marinara sauce.
Fried Rice Omelet
Beat together three eggs and a tablespoon of cream, then pour the mixture into a hot skillet. Add in your leftover fried rice and a handful of diced vegetables and scramble everything together on medium-high heat. Slice the omelet into wedges and serve with a side salad.
Fried Rice Cakes
Take your leftover fried rice to the next level with these delicious cakes! Start by combining cooked rice with two eggs and a tablespoon of olive oil. Add some diced red bell pepper, green onion, and garlic for flavor, then mix in a pinch of salt and pepper. Form the mixture into cakes and fry until golden brown. Serve with a dollop of sour
6 Tasty Vegetables to Add to Your Fried Rice
Fried rice is a classic dish that can be tailored to suit a variety of tastes. If you’re looking to add some extra flavor and nutrition to your fried rice, consider incorporating some of these tasty vegetables.
1. Carrots: Carrots are a flavorful and versatile vegetable that can add a great crunch to your fried rice. They can be diced, julienned, or grated, depending on your preference.
2. Peas: Peas are a classic addition to fried rice that adds a sweet flavor and pops of color. You can choose to add them frozen or fresh, depending on the recipe.
3. Bell Peppers: Bell peppers come in a variety of colors, adding a vibrant look to your fried rice. They also have a mild flavor and a slight crunch that will meld perfectly with the other ingredients.
4. Onions: Onions are an essential ingredient for most fried rice recipes. They give the dish a subtle sweetness and add a nice texture.
5. Spinach: Spinach provides a nutritional boost to your fried rice as well as a great flavor. It can be cooked down to a wilted texture or added raw for a crunchier texture.
6. Mushrooms: Mushrooms are a delicious addition to fried rice that add a burst of earthy flavor. Try adding shiitake mushrooms for a unique twist.
5 Asian Sauces Perfect for Dressing Up Fried Rice
Fried rice is a classic and delicious Asian dish, but sometimes it can benefit from a little extra flavor. That’s where these 5 Asian sauces come in! From sweet hoisin to tangy soy, these sauces are the perfect way to dress up your fried rice and add some depth and complexity to the dish. So, let’s take a look at these tasty sauces and discover some new and exciting ways to elevate your fried rice.
1. Sweet Chili Sauce: Sweet chili sauce is a popular condiment in many Asian cuisines. It is made with chili peppers, garlic, sugar, and vinegar. Not only is it a delicious accompaniment to fried rice, but it is also great for adding heat and a hint of sweetness.
2. Oyster Sauce: Oyster sauce is a popular Chinese condiment made with oyster extract and soy sauce. It has a sweet and savory flavor and provides a great umami flavor to fried rice.
3. Teriyaki Sauce: Teriyaki sauce is a classic Japanese condiment made with soy sauce, sake, mirin, and sugar. It adds a sweet and savory flavor to any dish. It is perfect for adding a touch of sweetness to fried rice.
4. Hoisin Sauce: Hoisin sauce is a popular Chinese condiment made with soybeans, garlic, vinegar, and sugar. It has a sweet and savory flavor and is great for adding a depth of flavor to fried rice.
5. Sesame Oil: Sesame oil is a fragrant oil made from sesame seeds and is commonly used in Asian cooking. It has a nutty flavor and is great for adding flavor to fried rice. A few drops of sesame oil can take your fried rice to the next level.
In conclusion, fried rice is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed with a variety of accompaniments. From curries and stir-fries to fresh vegetables and seafood, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to what to eat with fried rice. With its savory flavor and unique texture, fried rice is sure to be a hit no matter what it is served with.
You might also like: