Lobster, known as the king of seafood is a premium dish served on many different occasions. Its meat is one of a kind, and it has a wonderful flavor. The meat has the impeccable blend of the crisp tendons and the meat’s sweetness! Its flavor is very unique from the other seafood.
Most individuals cook lobster with butter, which makes the lobster meat moist. Thus, in many restaurants, the lobster dishes are cooked with butter.
Chefs also combine other spices with lobster to create different blends of flavors.
The famous Lobster Bisque Gordon Ramsay recipe
The Lobster Bisque Gordon Ramsay recipe is the one you will enjoy as a starter and a main course. To prepare the dish authentically, you can make it with whole lobster shells. However, there are easier alternatives to make the dish with tantalizing aromatics, spices, and simple ingredients!
How to make the dish?
There is a thorough process to prepare the dish, and it is very important to follow every step carefully. You have to start with boiling the lobster trails in salter water. After five minutes, you have to remove the trails from the salt.
Kick off the preparation by removing the meat from the shells by using either of the methods mentioned below:
- First, you should place the lobster tail on your kitchen countertop. Ensure that it has its back facing up! Strategically cut down the center of the back up to the end of the tail. Make sure your hands are clean, and open the shell with your fingers so that it loosens up from the meat. The meat should open from the side walls of the shells. Also, separate the shell from the meat underneath.
- For cracking the shell, use both hands to press it down. Hold the tail of the lobster and hold it in a way that the shell faces down. Pull back on both sides of the shell so that it cracks open, and then remove the meat!
Chop the shell into bite-sized pieces and refrigerate it! While refrigerating the pieces, ensure the shell boils for 15 minutes.
What is the lobster bisque made of?
After ensuring you have prepared the stock, make the base for the soup with a beautiful mix of carrot, celery, and onion. Kick off the rest of the prep by sautéing the veggies with fresh herbs in a blend of oil and butter so that they release their flavors well.
After they blend in with each other, you should add garlic, cayenne pepper, and the rest of your ingredients.
How can one thicken lobster bisque?
Flour and tomato paste are the main ingredients that help you thicken the soup. You have to cook the flour for some minutes before you add the liquids.
Should you add alcohol to lobster bisque?
Infusing the flavor of alcohol in your lobster bisque is another way of cooking it! The best way is to combine your chosen type of alcohol with butter and let it season in the pan. You must cook your lobster directly in the buttery sauce and ensure it soaks up all the delicious flavor.
It is recommended to use a good quality Sauv Blanc, Pinot Grigio, or Chardonnay! If you like wine, you can also replace it with wine with sherry! It is a fortified wine that adds a kick to your soup! Simmer the mixture continuously until the liquid has thickened! Ideally, it should not take beyond 20-30 minutes to blend those flavors into one another!
After the mixture exudes a mesmerizing aroma, you need to pour the mixture into a blender. If all you are using a blender, try blending in three batches to prevent pressure from building up inside the jug. Don’t forget to remove the centerpiece from the lid to let the steam escape.
The bisque should be nice and smooth, and then pour the liquid back into the pot. After pouring it into the pot, add cream and stir it properly after adding chunks of lobster! After pouring the mixture into a bowl, garnish it with chives, onions, and fresh tarragon!
If you want to add more flavor to your dish, add melted butter and start by sautéing garlic until it turns brown! Add the garlic to lobster meat and season it with cayenne, pepper, and salt! Marinate lobster meat in the mixture, and then add it to your bisque!
What are the ingredients used?
- Four lobster tails
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Two tablespoons butter
- Two onions, carrot, and celery finely chopped
- One teaspoon freshly chopped tarragon
- One teaspoon of chicken bouillon powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Tomato paste
- Three tablespoons flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups lobster stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fill a medium-sized pot with 4-5 cups of water add salt and then bring it to boil.
- After that, add the lobster tails and cover the lid and boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- After removing the lobster tails, reserve the stock and after the lobster cools, remove the meat from its shells.
- Put the shells back into the water in the pot. Bring the entire mixture to boil for another 15 minutes until it starts getting a flavor.
- Chop the meat into several pieces.
- Take a pot and heat oil and butter in it. Add carrots, onions and celery in the butter and cook it for about 5 minutes! Season this entire mixture with salt and pepper and bouillon. Add cloves of garlic and keep sautéing for one minute.
- Add tomato paste and add flour to cook while stirring the mixture for some minutes.
- Pour in the wine of your choice and keep stirring until it reduces to half. Allow all the flavors to blend and wait until it has formed a thick paste.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the mixture to a blender and stir it with heavy cream on low heat.
Garlic butter lobster meat
- Add butter and garlic in a skillet/pan and keeps sautéing the mixture for 30 minutes until it exudes a tantalizing fragrance! Add salt, pepper and lobster meat and marinate the mixture for one minute! Ensure that the lobster is warm enough.
For serving, add the lobster meat in the thick bisque into a bowl and add tarragon for taste!