BBQ meatballs are a delicious crowd-pleaser that is sure to impress any guest. Whether you’re hosting a summer party, a potluck dinner, or a casual family dinner, BBQ meatballs are a great option. While the meatballs are the star of the show, you’ll want to make sure to serve them with the perfect sides to make your meal complete.
From light and crunchy salads to creamy mashed potatoes, there are plenty of sides that will pair perfectly with BBQ meatballs. Read on to discover the best sides to serve with BBQ meatballs.
How to Create the Perfect Side Salad to Accompany BBQ Meatballs
Creating the perfect side salad to accompany BBQ meatballs is an easy task if you know what ingredients to use and how to prepare them. Here is a simple yet delicious side salad recipe that will perfectly complement your BBQ meatballs.
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup of red onion, diced
- ½ cup of cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup of goat cheese, crumbled
1. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and cucumber.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
4. Top with crumbled goat cheese and serve alongside the BBQ meatballs. The combination of fresh vegetables, tangy dressing, and creamy cheese will provide a delicious contrast to the smoky flavors of the meatballs. Enjoy!
Delicious Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipes to Serve with Meatballs
Barbecue sauce is a delicious complement to many dishes, especially meatballs. Here are four homemade BBQ sauce recipes you can use to give your meatballs an extra flavor boost.
Classic BBQ Sauce
This classic sauce is easy to make and full of flavor.
You will need 1 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Mix all ingredients together and simmer for 20 minutes.
Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce
This sweet and tangy sauce is a great way to give your meatballs a bit of a kick.
To make it, you will need 1/2 cup of Dijon mustard, 1/2 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
Mix all ingredients together and simmer for 20 minutes.
Spicy BBQ Sauce
If you like a bit of heat with your meatballs, then this spicy BBQ sauce is for you.
You will need 1 cup of ketchup, 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use the sauce to coat your meatballs and serve. Enjoy!
5 Ways to Make Potato Salad the Perfect Side Dish for BBQ Meatballs
1. Utilize the Right Potatoes: When selecting potatoes for your potato salad, choose waxy potatoes like red-skinned or Yukon Gold potatoes. These potatoes hold their shape when cooked and provide the perfect texture for your dish.
2. Incorporate Creamy Ingredients: Add a bit of creaminess to your potato salad by adding mayonnaise, sour cream, Greek yogurt, or even a combination of these ingredients. This will give the salad a smooth and creamy texture.
3. Include Crunchy Vegetables: To add some crunch to your potato salad, incorporate some crunchy vegetables. Carrots, celery, bell peppers, and cucumbers are all great options.
4. Add Herbs and Spices: To give your potato salad some extra flavor, add some herbs and spices. Fresh herbs like parsley, dill, and chives are great additions. You can also add some dry spices like paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
5. Finish with a Drizzle of Vinegar: To give your potato salad some extra zing, finish it off with a light drizzle of vinegar. Apple cider vinegar and white wine vinegar are both great options. This will give your dish a nice tangy flavor.
Creative Ideas for Serving Vegetables with BBQ Meatballs
Are you tired of serving boring vegetables as a side dish to your BBQ meatballs? Look no further! Here are some creative ideas for serving vegetables with BBQ meatballs that are sure to impress your family and friends.
From baked vegetable fritters to grilled vegetable skewers, these recipes will add some excitement to your meal and provide a balanced and healthy option to go alongside your delicious BBQ meatballs. So, let’s get started and explore these exciting and tasty ideas!
Vegetable skewers make a delicious and creative accompaniment to BBQ meatballs. Simply thread your favorite vegetables onto skewers, brush with olive oil, and grill or roast in the oven. Serve with BBQ meatballs and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Roasted Root Vegetables
Roasted root vegetables are a tasty side dish for BBQ meatballs. Simply cut your favorite root vegetables into cubes and toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs. Roast in the oven until golden and crispy and serve alongside BBQ meatballs.
Create a delicious summer salad to serve with BBQ meatballs. Toss together mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and whatever other vegetables you’d like. Drizzle with a light vinaigrette or olive oil and lemon juice, and serve with BBQ meatballs.
Grilled vegetables are a great way to add a smoky flavor to your meal. Simply brush your favorite vegetables with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill to perfection. Serve with BBQ meatballs and a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Baked Vegetable Fritters
Baked vegetable fritters make a delicious and healthy side dish to BBQ meatballs. Simply combine grated vegetables such as zucchini, carrots, and sweet potatoes with egg, flour and seasonings of your choice.
Mix well to combine and then form the mixture into small, flat patties. Place the patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Serve the fritters with BBQ sauce or a dipping sauce of your choice. Enjoy!
The Best Grilled Bread to Serve with BBQ Meatballs
No barbecue is complete without a side of delicious, freshly grilled bread. Whether you’re serving meatballs as a main dish or as an appetizer, the right bread can make all the difference. Here are some of the best-grilled bread to serve with BBQ meatballs.
1. Focaccia: Focaccia is a classic Italian bread that’s perfect for soaking up the juices from the BBQ sauce and the flavorful juices from the meatballs. It has a slightly chewy texture and can be topped with herbs and spices to match the flavors in the meatballs.
2. Ciabatta: Ciabatta is another Italian bread that’s perfect for pairing with BBQ meatballs. This bread has a mild flavor and a slightly crunchy texture, making it ideal for scooping up delicious sauce and succulent pieces of meat.
3. Sourdough: Sourdough is a great choice for BBQ meatballs because of its mild flavor and chewy texture. It’s also able to stand up to the strong flavors of the sauce, making it a great accompaniment to the dish.
4. Garlic Bread: Garlic bread is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with BBQ meatballs. The garlic flavor complements the smoky, spicy flavors of the BBQ sauce and the savory flavors of the meatballs.
5. Pita Bread: Pita bread is a great option for serving BBQ meatballs because it can be used to make sandwiches or wraps. Simply place the meatballs and your choice of toppings inside a pita pocket and enjoy! You can also cut the pita into wedges and serve it as a dipper for the BBQ sauce. Pita bread adds a nice, chewy texture to the meal and is a great way to add some variety to your BBQ meatball spread.
Overall, BBQ meatballs can be served with a variety of side dishes. These include salads, potatoes, vegetables, and rice. To make the meal complete, you can also serve fruit, bread, and desserts. For a lighter meal, a simple plate of steamed vegetables or a green salad can accompany the BBQ meatballs. With a few simple side dishes, you can make a delicious meal that everyone will enjoy.