Tips on where, how and how long to store your herbs and spices.
Typical shelf life:
• Ground spices – 2 years
• Whole spices – 3 years
• Seasoning blends – 1-2 years
• Dried herbs – 2 years
• Extracts (except pure Vanilla which lasts indefinitely) – 4 years
- It is best to store your spices somewhere that is cool, dark and dry. This means away from the stove, dishwasher and any windows.
- Some spices, including paprika, red pepper and chili powder, will last longer when they are stored in the refrigerator.
- Keep your spices fresher longer by storing them in containers that have a tight-fitting lid.