Preparing soup is the best to increase the intake of vegetables. Vegan minestrone soup is one of the healthiest soups made by using various veggies and pasta. The high amount of veggies in the soup supplies important nutrients and vitamins to your brain and body.
You can either include vegan minestrone soup in lunch or dinner according to your taste. It is a quick recipe to prepare when you need something healthy as well as delicious. Pasta in the soup suits the taste of your kids as well.
In this blog, we will discuss a lot of things related to vegan minestrone, its recipe, and health facts. We will also discuss how to prepare this soup using easy methods with tips and the foods to serve with this soup.
Ingredients and recipe for vegan minestrone soup
Vegan minestrone soup contains a lot of veggies with pasts, spices, and herbs. You can prepare a wholesome meal by using different ingredients of your choice. Let us have a look at the various ingredients and recipes of vegan minestrone soup in the below section:
Ingredients to prepare vegan minestrone
Vegan minestrone soup contains all the vegan ingredients. You will need many ingredients to prepare vegan minestrone soup as:
- Green beans
- A mixture of carrots, onion and celery
- Broth of vegetables
Recipe to prepare vegan minestrone soup
- First of all, you have to chop all the vegetables.
- Then take a large pot and sauté garlic, carrots, zucchini, onion, and celery for 10 minutes until they turn soft.
- The next step is to add chopped tomatoes, herbs, green herbs, vegetable broth, and pasta to the pot. Stir this mixture and boil it and simmer for about 15 minutes till the pasta turns soft.
- Finally, you have to add fresh spinach, pepper, and salt. Serve hot soup with bread. You can add fresh chopped parsley if you want a different taste.
How to prepare this soup in a slow cooker?
If you prefer slow cooking, take a crock pot to make this soup. It is very easy to prepare this soup in the slow cooker by following some easy tips. Read on to get the full recipe for making vegan minestrone soup in a crock pot!
- First of all, you have to add all the ingredients except pasta and spinach in a slow cooker. Add water and vegetable broth as well and stir all the ingredients well with a thick spoon.
- Now, you must turn on the gas at a high flame. Cook this mixture for about 5 hours at a high flame or 8 hours at a low flame. You can choose the gas temperature as per your comfort and taste.
- Before 30 minutes. You have to add spinach to the crock pot.
- Before a few minutes of the final stage of preparation, you can cook pasta and add it to the soup. Finally, serve the hot soup with breadsticks.
Best tips for tasty vegan minestrone
If you want to try a more delicious soup, try some important tips. These tips will add taste to vegan minestrone. Let us have a look at some of the important tips to cook wonderful soup:
Pick vegetables of your choice
As it is a vegetable soup, you can try adding your favorite veggies. Some of the best vegetables to add are potatoes, parsnips, kale, winter squash, and green peas. You can also go for frozen vegetables of your choice to add to soup.
Give a spicy touch to the recipe
Many people love the spicy version of the soup. If you are one among them, add a pinch of red flakes or pepper flakes to the soup. These ingredients make the soup spicy and healthy as well.
Try different herbs for the recipe
Herbs can be changed as per your choice and preference in the soup. You can add herbs such as oregano, basil, and marjoram to the soup. Italian seasoning also works well with vegan minestrone for a delicious evening.
Add some sauces
Spices, herbs, and vegetables all need a slight touch of sauces. You can add tomato sauce or red chili sauce to the soup recipe as per your choice. Another way to add sauce is by marinating the mixture in sauce and then cooking on a low flame. You can choose any method according to your taste.
Avoid pasta with gluten
Gluten might affect your health badly. So, it is better to avoid adding pasta with gluten. You can choose gluten-free pasta available in the market to add in vegan minestrone.
Cook pasta in a separate vessel
Never cook pasta with other ingredients as it becomes sticky and mushy. So, you must cook pasta in a separate vessel before 30 minutes of the final stage of soup preparation. This method will give firm pasta.
What to serve with vegan minestrone?
Vegan minestrone is a perfect dish for an evening. But you can make it even better by adding some snacks and side dishes such as:
One of the most popular side dishes to serve with soup is French fries. You can prepare fries at home with some fresh potatoes and serve them with ketchup.
Breadsticks go well with the soup. You will enjoy the combination of soup and breadsticks in the evening meals.
Soup and rice make a healthy version. So, you can cook white rice or brown rice to combine with vegan minestrone for lunch or dinner.
Spicy vegan minestrone soup will taste delicious with apples. This is an American-style side dish that you can try with soup to get a bit sour and a bit spicy taste.
Vegan minestrone is a very dish to prepare by adding vegetables, sauces, herbs, and spices of your choice. You can try different versions of this soup by changing ingredients and cooking methods to get tasty and healthy food.
You might also like: