A new trend of fusion food/incorporating multiple dishes has arrived. Many of the favorite dishes of people, for example, fish and chips today, were born because of the intermingling of different cuisines.
The main reason for creating fusion food is to draw inspiration from different cuisines to create new and exciting flavors!
The Capital Grille lobster mac and cheese is one such recipe that has completely taken over the culinary world! It has created a storm and is doing rounds for the best-cooked dish!
Why is the lobster mac and cheese combo so good?
Macaroni and cheese is a comfort food of many individuals. Adding Lobster to it is just like adding a feather to the cap! Serving Lobster in the dish makes it even more luxurious and elevated.
Lobster is one of the most loved seafood of many people, and it brings in a succulent, tender flavor with a tinge of sweetness in it! On the other hand, Macaroni and cheese is a dish that offers a creamy taste.
This combination creates a perfect blend of indulgent and extravagant dish that appeals to people of every age!
The famous Capital Grille Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe
The Capital Grille is a popular restaurant for its lip-smacking food and opulent atmosphere. Lobster Mac and Cheese is one of the most sought-after dishes on its menu.
It is the dish which is a decadent blend of tender Lobster and creamy and gooey Macaroni. This dish will leave your taste buds trickling!
What are the ingredients for Capital Grille Lobster Mac and Cheese?
Following are the ingredients required for Capital Grille Lobster Mac and cheese:
- Elbow Macaroni
- Four tablespoons butter
- All-purpose flour
- Two cups of heavy cream
- Two cups milk
- One tablespoon of dry mustard
- Two cups of Gruyere cheese( Grated)
- Two cups of white cheddar cheese (Grated)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cooked lobster meat
Instructions to cook?
- Before starting off with the recipe, preheat your oven to about 350 degrees. First, read the instructions on the macaroni package carefully and then cook it accordingly!
- After cooking the Macaroni, drain it and set it aside. Let it cool.
- Melt the butter in a large/medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Pour the flour into a small bowl and whisk it carefully. Add flour to the saucepan and cook it for two to three minutes. Cook it until the mixture thickens and forms a paste.
- Pour in the cream and milk and then whisk it until it has no lumps. Keep the mixture simmer and cook for two to three minutes until it thickens properly.
- Add the dry mustard, the white cheddar cheese, as well as the Gruyere cheese, and then season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Macaroni and then the lobster meat in the saucepan and stir it well until it blends in perfectly!
- After it has blended in well, pour the entire mixture into a huge baking dish and bake it for about twenty to twenty-five minutes. The top should be golden brown!
- Serve the dish hot and enjoy!
Is this recipe easy to follow?
This recipe is designed to cater to many audiences! It is straightforward to follow! This decadent dish is the perfect staple food for any kind of special occasion or even for a subtle casual dinner!
The succulent sweetness of the lobster meat and the creamy richness of macaroni and cheese create an infusion of flavors that explode in your mouth, keeping you devouring for more!
The Capital Grille Lobster Mac and cheese can be served with a huge array of sides such as follows:
The Zucchinis, often known as Zucchini boats, which are halved and filled with fillings, are a lighter side dish that complements the lobster macaroni and cheese. The bland and mild flavor provides a stark contrast to the otherwise savory and creamy dish.
The Caprese salad has creamy mozzarella, aromatic basil leaves, and freshly ripe tomatoes that elevate the dish! Moreover, you can also add a drizzle of the tangy balsamic glaze to the mac and cheese pasta!
If you want to add an element of sweetness to your meal, you should add butternut squash, whether roasted or mashed. The crunchy butternuts, along with the gooey and creamy macaroni pasta, is the perfect combo!
Asparagus has a tender, crisp texture, which brings a smoky texture to your meal! The vibrant, bright colors of Asparagus add a visual appeal to your meal!
What’s in Lobster Mac and cheese?
- Pasta: It is the recipe that uses Macaroni pasta, which has hollow tubes that hold the sauce well.
- Seafood: The Lobster has a sweet and buttery flavor, which is perfectly complimented by cheese.
- Sauce: The sauce is made by using butter and flour and by adding milk and light cream to it.
Tips while preparing Macaroni and cheese
Following are some important tips while preparing mac and cheese:
- Mix and match cheeses: The best way to prepare Macaroni and cheese is by mixing and matching different types of cheese. Selecting two different variety of cheeses for making mac and cheese add a layer to the dish. Some cheeses are mild but add an element of creaminess, while others bring a more assertive note but don’t melt easily!
- Melt the cheese in batches: To avoid graininess, it is important to melt the cheese in batches. After the sauce becomes thick, it’s time to add the cheese. The cheese should be heated on a low flame, and add the hand-grated cheese in small batches!
Tips for a creamy and delicious Lobster Mac and cheese
- You should not pre-shed the cheese as it can have additives that do not melt well, and hence, you should shred the cheese from a block very well.
- It is recommended to remove the sauce from the heat before stirring it in the cheese. If you overheat it, the cheese can form lumps. Sometimes, it can even form a grainy sauce.
- Make sure that the Lobster is cooled properly before you add it to the pasta!
- Remember not to overcook the pasta. Otherwise, it can become dry!