Ever thought of blending in two amazing dishes? Many culinary trends have emerged in recent times that have captured the curiosity of the foodies all around the world! One such mesmerizing recipe that has taken all over the internet is Ruth Chris’s Lobster Macaroni and Cheese! The best part about this recipe is that it can be made in under 15 minutes!
As foodies, we try to experiment with many things and try different food combinations! Lobster macaroni and cheese is a decadent dish that is one of the most lip-smacking and drool-worthy combos ever!
This recipe, exclusively curated by Ruth Chris, is a high-quality, restaurant-style meal that can be made from the comfort of your home!
This indulgent meal has the goodness of lobster and the richness of gooey cheese that melts in your mouth! You can savor every bite of this delicious meal!
Instead of going to a high-end restaurant that will make you splurge a good amount of money, it is better to cook your favorite comfort food at home!
Lobster with Macaroni and cheese is that comfort food that takes less time to cook and provides a fine dining experience at the comfort of your home!
This food features buttery bites of lobster, perfectly baked pasta marinated with cheese, and breadcrumb topping (optional). Without any doubt, Lobster Macaroni and Cheese is one’s comfort food!
What are the ingredients you will need for the recipe?
- Pasta- Use Shell bows, a hybrid of Elbows and Shells. The shells are perfect for pasta as they have curved hollows that scoop up the sauce, as well as lobster bites.
- Butter- The butter is used in the creamy cheese sauce.
- Flour- It helps to thicken the cheese sauce.
- Milk- For a creamier sauce that comes well together, use full-fat milk.
- Cheese- You can play around with choices when it comes to cheese. You should have cheese that melts easily. For this recipe, Gruyere and Parmesan cheese are preferred!
- Spices- Nutmeg and ground pepper add a certain flavor to the dish.
- Lobster- Make use of freshly cooked lobster or lobster tails.
- Two lobster tails that are cooked properly.
- Two and a half cups of cheddar cheese, which is freshly shredded.
- Half a cup of gruyere and parmesan cheese shredded.
- Half a stick of butter.
- Three tablespoons of flour.
- Two cups whole milk.
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Half a teaspoon of mustard powder (nutmeg)
- Half a teaspoon of nutmeg (nutmeg).
- Half-pound elbow macaroni pasta cooked.
How to make Ruth Chris’s Lobster and Macaroni cheese recipe?
Step 1: The prep work
First of all, you will have to start by preheating your oven to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit. After preheating it, heat a pan on the stove over high heat. After heating it, add a little olive oil.
After the grill or the pan is hot, add lobster tails in it. Grill the lobster meat for about ten to twelve minutes.
While cooking the lobster, put a pot of salted water on your stove and cook the Macaroni by following the directions on the package.
Step 2: Making the cheese sauce
To start the prep for cheese sauce, put a large saucepan over medium heat. After that, add flour and butter and keep stirring the mixture for three minutes straight until it thickens!
If you want to make the sauce thicker, add milk gradually to the mixture. The slower you add milk to the mixture, the thicker it will be! After that, add gruyere and parmesan cheese to the sauce.
Make sure that each chunk of the cheese blends in perfectly with each other! Save a little of each for topping it off before baking!
After you finish the cheese, add pepper, garlic, mustard powder, and nutmeg! Stir the mixture well!
Step 3: Combining the mixture and baking!
After you are done combining all the ingredients, it’s time to add macaroni and lobster tails to the cheese sauce. Add these two major ingredients and stir everything until it combines well!
If you want the pieces of your lobster to be small, you can cut the lobster tails into bite-sized pieces. Spray your baking dish properly with cooking spray, and add the mac and lobster!
Sprinkle the type of cheese you want on the top and bake the dish for about twenty to twenty-five minutes until the cheese is golden brown!