Craving a plant-based soup that is healthy and delicious? Then, the sunflower seed soup is the best for you! This soup can be enjoyed during the hot summer season! The sunflower seeds have a plethora of health benefits.
These seeds contain fatty acids such as oleic and linoleic acid. They reduce the cholesterol levels and also lower the risk of detrimental cardiovascular diseases. Sunflower seeds are extremely rich in flavonoids and they act as antioxidants; eating them can prevent high blood pressure.
The Creamy sunflower seed soup
Sunflower seed soup Tiktok recipe
The following are the ingredients that are required for the soup:
- Raw sunflower seeds
- Lemon juice
- Fresh dill
This plant-based recipe is made from whole plant food ingredients. This oil-free recipe keeps your blood vessels clean and healthy! These seeds are extremely rich in protein and omega-3 fats.
How to make healthy sunflower seed soup?
- Step 1: Start off by taking a blender and place the sunflower seeds, lemon juice, and water in it. Blend all the ingredients well for several minutes until the consistency is right.
- Step 2: After seeing the consistency of the mixture, you ought to pour the creamy mixture into a bowl. After adding the mixture to the bowl, also add diced cucumber to it.
- Step 3: After you are done adding the diced cucumber, it is finally the time for you to add pressed garlic pieces and chopped dill. Stir the mixture well.
- Step 4: Pour the soup into the bowl and savor its decadent taste!
Tips you should follow while preparing the recipe
- The soup can come out nice only if the water and the sunflower seeds are well combined. Blend the mixture for about 2-3 minutes.
- Many people opt for soaking the sunflower seeds overnight for an amazing consistency and creamy texture! Moreover, the seeds also start germinating and becoming much more nutritious. Thus, the soaked seeds will naturally blend quickly and easily.
- The soup thickens with time, and one can adjust the thickness of the soup by diluting it with more water.
- Although ice cubes are optional, they are very important for the overall taste of the soup.
What all are the health benefits of Sunflower seeds?
We all are no strangers to the fact that sunflower seeds are packed with loads of nutrients! These seeds have a nutty, mild flavor!
Following are some incredible benefits of sunflower seeds:
These seeds are immunity boosters due to vitamin E, selenium, and zinc. Vitamin E protects you against different types of infectious diseases and is also a powerful antioxidant that prevents all the free radicals from damaging the healthy cells in our body.
Zinc is the mineral that protects our body from inflammation, and selenium is the one that reduces inflammation and enhances immunity.
Sunflower seeds have fiber content that decreases LDL cholesterol levels in the blood. Niacin, present in the sunflower seeds, reduces total cholesterol levels.
Cardio protective effects
A sunflower seed is extremely rich in linoleic acid and oleic acid. These seeds also contain potassium, magnesium, and fiber. These seeds help one lower the blood pressure and the cholesterol levels.