Coconut Curry Chicken Salad: Summer is finally winding down. I’m watching the weather like a hawk, hoping through the sheer will that the 80 and 90-degree weather will be behind me very soon. I’m pretty sure I jinxed myself last week. I posted a screenshot on Facebook of the gorgeous 70ish forecast for the week, knowing damn well that I was rubbing it in my Austin friend’s faces. And what happens? In the 90s the week after! That’s what I get.
So, the fan is still blowing, and the oven remains vacant. No soups, no lattes, no roasts. Simple and fresh. Copious amounts of berries and peaches are still being stuffed in my face. I’m not complaining…yet.
You might also like:
- Steel-cut Overnight Oats and Yogurt
- Cabbage Rolls with Prosciutto
- What to Serve With Butternut Squash Soup?
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Muffins
For the past couple of months, I’ve been making this curry chicken salad weekly and keeping it in the fridge for lunches. It’s so good. For real. Lean chicken, lentils, curry powder, Greek yogurt, coconut milk, cilantro, toasted almonds…I mean, seriously, what’s not to love? Unless you’re one of those people who think that cilantro tastes like soap. That’s a thing, I hear. In this case, leave it out.
Coconut Curry Chicken Salad Recipe Ingredients
- two cooked chicken breasts, diced (I use this method)
- 1/3 cup cooked lentils (I use this method, but cooked in chicken or veg broth)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (I use 2%)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds (I use this method)
- five green onions, thinly sliced, white and light green parts only
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
Whisk the yogurt, coconut milk, curry, and lime juice in a large bowl—season with salt and pepper. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss. Check for seasoning.